Like a lot of newbies starting out, I was filled with so much optimism and hope when I began my weight loss journey.
Although this is great to have, it can breed unrealistic expectations, and if left unchecked cause you to burn out before you’ve made a significant dent in your weight loss journey.
If I could go back in time I would tell myself the following:
1. Just because the number on the scale is not moving, doesn’t mean your hard work is not paying off. Physical measurements and photos are a much better indicator of change.
2. Introduce changes to your diet gradually… You are trying to establish lasting change so that you can have the body you want for the long term, not the duration of the latest fad diet.
3. Keep your exercises simple and focused.. You don’t need 20 ways to build bigger arms, chest, legs etc. Just one good method will get you 80% of the way there.
4. Anything that promises results in 15 minutes or less with no form of discomfort is a lie… Changing who you are is hard work.
5. The number one goal of most food company’s is to sell you more… Don’t take anything they say at face value.
6. Don’t quit… Even small consistent changes build up over time.